PennMustangs  
Old 10-08-2015, 07:56 PM   #1
Pathtek4

Question A/C Bypass Pulley

My A/C stopped working in my vert. I don't really use it, but now the compressor is putting a serious drag on the car (pulley is spinning but it isn't rotating the compressor from what I can tell)

Anyway I'm going to install a A/C Bypass Pulley on it, never did it before, so I'm wondering if anyone has a pictures of them doing it or know where I could find instructions for it (because the sites that sell them don't have instructions for it). They make it seem pretty straight forward but I'm confused about the belt and how all of it works. (I'm a measure 10 times cut once type of person, it sucks)

Its for a 96' V6.
Old 10-21-2015, 09:33 AM   #2
brisk_tea

The ac pulley will always spin & only spin compressor when ac or defrost are on.

Generally the ac deletes either remove the compressor & replace with pulley, a shorter belt, or a new bracket in place of the stock bracket & then also idler pulley and/or shorter belt.

Most likely you are just getting a ford Motorsport ac delete for a factory v6 w/o ac. If unsure what to do with what you get you can most likely find in an engine diagram for a non ac v6 car.
Old 10-26-2015, 07:49 PM   #3
Pathtek4

Quote:
Originally Posted by brisk_tea View Post
The ac pulley will always spin & only spin compressor when ac or defrost are on.

Generally the ac deletes either remove the compressor & replace with pulley, a shorter belt, or a new bracket in place of the stock bracket & then also idler pulley and/or shorter belt.

Most likely you are just getting a ford Motorsport ac delete for a factory v6 w/o ac. If unsure what to do with what you get you can most likely find in an engine diagram for a non ac v6 car.
Thanks, I appreciate the reply. I found the delete kit online after you mentioned what to look for so thanks again.
Old 10-31-2015, 07:38 AM   #4
brisk_tea

No prpblem